The roots of Waring Oil Company began to grow when D.P. Waring, Sr. opened his first service station in 1938 in Vicksburg, Mississippi. D. P. Waring, Jr. joined the business in 1946 after serving in the Navy in World War II. In 1954, Waring Oil Company was formed as a Phillips 66 wholesale distributor of oil and gas, and a new bulk plant was built in Vicksburg. Six years later, second son, R.E. Waring joined the business and was placed in charge of the newly acquired butane business, which is now Neill Gas, Inc.
In 1972, D.P. Jr’s son Dan joined the business after graduating from Mississippi State University with a business degree. Howard Waring, Dan’s brother received a business degree from Mississippi State University in 1977 and subsequently began work with the company. Also in 1977, Richard Waring, R.E. Waring’s son earned a liberal arts degree from Ole Miss and started work with the company.
It was around this time that Waring Oil Company became associated with Texaco, Inc. by purchasing a local distributor in Vicksburg. This move helped the company expand and grow in the wholesale fuel and oil market.
Waring Oil Company entered the convenience store business in 1979 by building its first store on an interstate exchange in Vicksburg, MS. Over the next 25 years, the c-stores became known as Interstate Food Stop and grew to more than 40 stores in MS and LA until the stores were sold to The Pantry, Inc. in February 2006. Waring Oil Company continues to distribute fuel to over seventy independent retailers.
Expansion of Waring Oil Company's wholesale oil and fuel business progressed in 1985 with the purchase of a Texaco wholesaler, Johnny B. Walker, in Jackson, MS. The company then evolved into the largest Texaco distributor in the state of MS. In 1995, Waring Oil Company purchased a Chevron distributor, Grady Ford, located in Gulfport, MS, enabling the company to service customers all along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Waring Oil Company partnered with Exxon Lubricants in 1999 to become their premier distributor for the state of MS. With the merger of Exxon and Mobil in 2000, Waring Oil Company became a major supplier of OEM products.
Since 2000, Waring Oil Company has added specialty lines of lubricants for the food grade industry. These brands include JAX, Mobil and Bioblend. In addition, Waring Oil Company has added the following lines of bio-remediation issues. These lines include ECO-1 and Super Enzymes. ECO-1 is the top hydrocarbon remediation product in today’s market. Many international companies used ECO-1 exclusively. ECO-1 is currently saving the Nissan Canton plant location over a half of a million dollars per year.
In April 2008, Waring Oil Company purchased Sanders Oil Company located in Louisville, MS. From this purchase, Waring Oil Company services North and East Central Mississippi and Western Alabama. In addition to lubricants, Waring Oil Company offers bobtail fuel service for our customers in North and East Central Mississippi and Western Alabama.